Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Anyway

He looks at me from the subway door as if I know him.
I just got off the train & am walking to the exit when he did this.
He gives a nod of the head - downward in familiarity, not upward - & I smile back. He's not ugly but I wouldn't think of him that way. Just not sure why he nodded at me like that.
I don't want to be paranoid about it.
It's not like I'm wearing something that might tie me to a religion or anything. No skirt, just shorts from the gym. Backpack. Maybe he liked my moccasins?
I look downward & keep walking, smiling once more as the doors close & he stands looking outwards from the train.
Why do I feel like it was something deeper than a casual nod? I don't think he wanted to hook up. He was just saying hi to a kindred spirit.
Maybe he'll turn up again, but it seems so far in this city, I've never seen someone in the street twice.
Anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment